It’s that time of year again when PR agencies in the North East dress to the nines and gather to see their hard work rewarded and recognised. The North East Chartered Institute of Public Relations PRide Awards were held at the Hilton Gateshead on Friday evening.
All of the Admiral team, across four offices, got together in Newcastle to celebrate another year of hard work and reminisced on the big campaigns they have been working on. This was Admiral’s debut at the awards and for our first year we didn’t do too badly.
By the end of the night our bags were considerably fuller than when we arrived. We won five out of eight shortlisted awards including being a finalist for Outstanding Consultancy of the Year. Our very own Nicola Williamson could not hold back on her excitement when bouncing on to the stage to collect the Outstanding Young Communicator award.
All in all, it was great to see so many PR agencies come together to celebrate the good work that comes out of this region and we would like to congratulate everyone who won, especially us!
Summary of awards won
Outstanding Young Communicator – Nicola Williamson
• Best Event, Go North East Launch of The Key
• Crisis Communications, Northern Doctors Urgent Care
• Corporate Responsibility, Newcastle University Changing Age Campaign
• Best Use of Media Relations, Solution to airport liquid ban for Kromek
Admiral was also a finalist in the following categories:
• Outstanding Public Relations Consultancy
• Corporate and Business Communications – ADAS
• Not-for-Profit – Fashion Kicks